Minneapolis 2014 - Propose
Call for proposals is TBD
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minute slots that will have the full attention of all attendees, as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions. These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) which are also presented to all attendees in one room
- Open Space session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during Open Space. Check the Open Space explanation for more information.
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
How to submit a proposal: Send an email to [
] with the following information
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules