devopsdays Minneapolis - propose
The CFP for 30-minute talks is closed and the selected talks have been listed on the program.
The CFP for Ignites is also closed and selected talks will be listed on the program as soon as all proposers have been notifed.
Open Space breakout sessions
If you’d like to lead a group discussion during the Open Space breakout sessions, it is not necessary to propose it ahead of time. Those topics are suggested in person at the conference. If you’d like to demo your product or service, you should sponsor the event and demo it at your table.
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
- broad appeal: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds? Technical deep dives need more levels to provide value for the whole room, some of whom might not use your specific tool.
- new local presenters: You are the only one who can tell your story. We are very interested in the challenges and successes being experienced in our local area. We are happy to provide guidance/coaching for new speakers upon request.
- under-represented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
- original content: We prefer talks not already presented at another event, especially another one in the local area or one available in recorded form.
- no third-party submissions: If a PR firm or your marketing department is proposing the talk, you’ve already shown that as a speaker you’re distant from the process. This is a small community-driven event, and speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees.
- no vendor pitches: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
If your employer does not cover travel expenses you incur as a speaker at devopsdays Minneapolis, the conference can and will help; speakers receive free conference tickets and should not need to incur out-of-pocket travel expenses in order to participate.