devopsdays Portland - proposeCall for proposals opens Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016.
Call for proposals closes Monday, May 23, 2016.
Selected proposals will be announced on Friday, Jul 1, 2016.
There are three ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minute slots that will have the full attention of all attendees, as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions. These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) which are also presented to all attendees in one room.
- Open Space session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during Open Space. Check the Open Space explanation for more information.
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- Talks will be reviewed blind, meaning that the committee will not see proposals with names attached.
- Original talks, and/or a fresh angle on relevant topics, are encouraged.
- Vendor pitches will not be selected. Sales pitches are much better suited for sponsor booths, and sponsors at or above the Gold level will have an opportunity to give short pitches between talks.
- We’d love to hear from new speakers, local folks, and underrepresented voices in tech.
How to submit a proposal for a talk/panel: Fill out the form here..
We will open a CFP for ignite talks closer to the event.
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Talks submitted for a third party will be summarily rejected. If your organization requires someone else propose for you, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we’ll figure something out.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules