Title: Boaz Shuster - Hack docker for fun and profit
- What's Docker? - in case no one knows what it does
- The Project History - details about Docker
Before Hands-On: This part gives what you need to know/have before starting playing with the source code. I will also show basic stuff that are sufficient to start hacking.
- Go language
- Git basic understanding
- installing Docker
- Understand the APIs: The basic APIs to communicate with the Docker daemon
- Understand the CLI part: Go over the command line commands and look at their code.
- One of these:
* Add a new flag to one of the command lines
* Change the way names are assigned to containers
- Run the changes inside a container
Testing: How to test that your change didn't break Docker
- Running unit-tests
- Running integration tests
- Running validation tests"