devopsdays Berlin - proposeCall for proposals opens Thursday, Jun 1, 2017.
Call for proposals closes Tuesday, Aug 15, 2017.
Selected proposals will be announced on Friday, Sep 1, 2017.
As DevOps is an accepted working culture by now, we’re curious about how that might affect other parts of the workplace, too. But we’re also open for any DevOps related topics you want to talk about, be they cultural or technical.
This is what we’re especially looking for:
- Diversity: Productive teams benefit from a diverse line-up.
- What are your success stories?
- How do you cope with the challenges this poses?
- Who is responsible for making this a success?
- How do you hire for cultural fit?
- What's the stance on management in this culture?
- Have you seen this culture spread to other parts of the company?
- What's their story?
- How does that work?
Technical things, we’re still engineers!
- Assumption: Automating infrastructure is the easy part, automating data is hard. Discuss.
- Which impact does DevOps have on traditional security auditing or change control?
- How do you describe your network infrastructure as code?
- You Build It You Run It: Which kind of team do you need for that?
There are four ways to propose a session:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minute slots that will have the full attention of all attendees, as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions. These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) which are also presented to all attendees in one room
- Open Space session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during Open Space. Check the Open Space explanation for more information.
- Hands-On session : if your talk is of a technical nature, maybe it makes more sense to show others what and how you do it. These are 45 minute sessions parallel to the Open Space sessions. Give people a chance for questions. Please: No product demos.
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
How to submit a proposal: Send an email to [email@example.com ] with the following information
- Proposal working title (can be changed later)
- Type (presentation, panel discussion, moderated general discussion, debate, etc.,ignite)
- Description or abstract
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules