devopsdays London - ProposalsCall for proposals opens Thursday, Apr 20, 2017.
Call for proposals closes Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Selected proposals will be announced on Wednesday, Jun 14, 2017.
There are two types:
- Main talk: 30 minute slots.
- Ignite talk: 5 minute slots (presented using the Ignite format.)
What the organisers have been blogging about:
Our main criteria:
- relevant to our theme: which is ‘Transforming the future together’
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
- diversity: our review process will involve stripping any identifiable information from proposals including name, gender, geography and company.
- Be specific… we aren’t mind readers (a description of about 20 lines is about right)
- Detail is good… but not as important as explaining why your proposal would be interesting
- Propose your own talk; don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point us in their direction!
- Multiple proposals welcome… just follow the other rules