devopsdays Hartford - proposeCall for proposals opens Monday, May 21, 2018.
Call for proposals closes Friday, Aug 3, 2018.
Selected proposals will be announced on Friday, Aug 17, 2018.
Submissions are now Open! We will be accepting submissions until Friday, August 3, 2018 at Midnight EDT.
Please submit your talks using this BusyConf link
There are three types sessions to propose:
- A proposal for a talk/panel during the conference part : these are 30 minute slots that will have the full attention of all attendees, as everybody will be in that one room.
- An Ignite talk that will be presented during the Ignite sessions. These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total) which are also presented to all attendees in one room
- Open Space session : even without a prepared presentation we welcome the discussion and interaction by having people propose a session on the fly during Open Space. Check the Open Space explanation for more information. Bring these suggestions on the day of, they will not be collected ahead of time.
Our main criteria to make it to the top selection are:
- original content: content not yet presented at other conferences, or a new angle to an existing problem
- new presenters: people who are new to the space and have insightful stuff to say; we want to hear everybody’s voice
- local presenters: people relatively local to the Greater Hartford area. While not a requirement, we love to hear what our local community is doing most.
- no vendor pitches: as much as we value vendors and sponsors, we just don’t think this is the right forum. You can demo at your table or during Open Space.
If you think you have an idea for a talk, panel, or Ignite, please use this BusyConf link to propose your topic to the selection committee.